Kalette-- does it taste as terrifying as it looks?
Lian and Julie connect on the Tuesday show:
Listen here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/satellitesisters/ss102814.mp3
Ebola comes to Brooklyn… and so does Julie
Lian uncovers a mystery at a neighborhood Open House
Martha Stewart speaks out and we love it
Parking Space Apps: Good Idea or Affront to Democracy?
Magazineland: A new veggie that Julie will hate and a term you can drop with the cool kids
Picks & Pans:
The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
Julie loved it! Find it on Audible, too.
Find the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Orphan-Train-Christina-Baker-Kline/dp/0061950726#
Listen to previous shows here:
SS102614: Sheila, Monica, Liz and Lian on Chia Seed Poisoning
Mindy meet Malala. And thanks, Mindy Kaling, for your tale of mistaken identity.
On today’s Satellite Sisters, Liz, Sheila, Monica and Lian tackle:
- Why you need to continue to support serious journalism. Exhibit A? Today’s front page story in The New York Times about ISIS.
- Lian’s neighborhood meeting gone totally off the rails.
- Sheila’s daughter has a job interview with “an A-list director.” She won’t say who but she will say what advice she has offered.
- Monica has deep and thoughtful organizing advice from expert Marie Kondo.
- Liz reviews Cafe Gratitude and its not sure what she’s really feeling is gratitude.
- Chia seed poisong? Sheila comes close. Then she has a message for Renee Zellweger.